Noun(1) a musical percussion instrument; usually consists of a hollow cylinder with a membrane stretched across each end(2) the sound of a drum(3) a bulging cylindrical shape; hollow with flat ends(4) a cylindrical metal container used for shipping or storage of liquids(5) a hollow cast iron cylinder attached to the wheel that forms part of the brakes(6) small to medium-sized bottom-dwelling food and game fishes of shallow coastal and fresh waters that make a drumming noise
Verb(1) make a rhythmic sound(2) play a percussion instrument(3) study intensively, as before an exam
(1) To the drum of a coxswain, international member paddlers of the Shanghai Shang Long Dragon Boat Team press forward on Dianshan Lake.(2) But staff giving evidence said they would stand inside a large rotating drum to clean the slowly-moving rollers with an air hose.(3) a drum at Lady Beresford's(4) he had got the drum that the police wouldn't lock us up(5) The bay was sandy-green with marginal visibility but clarity was not a major issue because drum primarily are scent feeders.(6) She heard the tin whistle begin, and without even realising she was doing it, began tapping her feet to the ever-present drum .(7) The mangoes that my parents had picked from outside their window had ripened inside the rice drum .(8) a drum of powdered bleach(9) Then, overnight, completely saturate it by placing it in a soaking vessel such as an old bathtub or an open-topped metal drum .(10) A direct-drive gearbox rotates the drum without the use of external gears.(11) Good to check dryer drum after load of brand new jeans.(12) The people who have been on the coast the longest are entitled to more water, and those who are newcomers only have the right to one drum , and that has to last two weeks.(13) Inside the bottomless drum are mixed items waiting to be sorted, treasures waiting to be uncovered.(14) the drum of their feet(15) I guess they figure if you have room enough to store a 55-gallon drum of mayonnaise, well, you have the space to store a coffin until needed.(16) These columns are concealed by the new limestone cladding surrounding the entire drum of the Reading Room.
(1) drum set :: барабанна установка
(2) bass drum :: турецький барабан
(3) drum up :: зазивати
(4) drum kit :: набір ударних
(5) drum and bass :: барабан і бас
(6) brake drum :: гальмівний барабан
(7) steel drum :: сталевий барабан
(8) bongo drum :: бонго
(9) drum brake :: барабанні гальма
(10) hand drum :: боку барабана
1. percussion instrument ::
2. beat ::
3. canister ::
4. drumfish ::
5. brake drum ::
6. tympan ::
7. barrel ::
8. tap ::
9. instill ::
10. beat ::
11. bone ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
How about a lifetime supply
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 3
♪ 808 kick DRUM, kick DRUM, hat ♪
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 4
I’m a fucking petrol DRUM and a match.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 9
Finally realized that
I wasn't the DRUM track?
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 10
♪ 808 snare DRUM,
Snare DRUM, clap ♪
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 4
English to Ukrainian Dictionary: drum
Meaning and definitions of drum, translation in Ukrainian
language for drum with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of drum in Ukrainian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'drum'
What drum means in Ukrainian, drum meaning
in Ukrainian, drum
definition, examples and pronunciation
of drum in Ukrainian language.