Noun(1) a chronic drinker(2) someone who is intoxicated
Verb(1) take in liquids(2) consume alcohol(3) propose a toast to(4) be fascinated or spell-bound by; pay close attention to(5) drink excessive amounts of alcohol; be an alcoholic
Adjective(1) stupefied or excited by a chemical substance (especially alcohol(2) as if under the influence of alcohol
(1) he got drunk(2) It's one thing playing to a bunch of drunk students on a Saturday night.(3) A couple of people walked out when I was in Edinburgh but one of them was a very drunk man and I asked him to leave.(4) If I had a penny for every cute barman in the world, I'd be a very drunk man.(5) He then asked them if they thought that a drunk man would have had the presence of mind to jump into the back.(6) He said he saw a drunk walking down the street who ├ö├ç├┐just floated up and disappeared├ö├ç├û.(7) they got drunk on whiskey(8) he felt drunk with rage(9) Perhaps this is an approach to discouraging driving while drunk and thirsty.(10) She got really drunk tonight and didn't want to go home to her parents so she showed up here.(11) These are not the kind of responsibilities a drunk cares to shoulder.(12) The youngsters then fled the scene when the police arrived, only to be picked up later drunk and abusive.(13) she's drunk with power(14) He had come in a drunken rage only to find her already drunk mother at home.(15) There were reports of car surfing, vandalism and a high number of drunk teenagers.(16) Maybe the Professor was even more drunk than he remembers, which is usually the case.
(1) drink :: пити
(2) get drunk :: напиватися
(3) drunk driving :: п'яне водіння
(4) getting drunk :: напиватися
(5) very drunk :: дуже п'яний
(6) got drunk :: напився
(7) drunk driver :: п'яний водій
(8) drunk man :: п'яний чоловік
(9) be drunk :: напиватися
(10) blind drunk :: п'яний
1. intoxicated ::
2. drunkard ::
3. wino ::
4. swallow ::
5. drink alcohol ::
6. toast ::
7. drink in ::
8. imbibe ::
9. booze ::
10. tope ::
drunk, drunkard, drunkards, drunker, drunkest, drunks
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
We're not gonna get DRUNK and have
a six-way with the Blue Man Group, are we?
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 23
Not DRUNK in real life,
but it was this...
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 24
See that he doesn't get DRUNK in the evenings.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 8
Bernie came home pretty DRUNK.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 4
You're kidding, right? We're not just
gonna get DRUNK and go on rides?
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 18
English to Ukrainian Dictionary: drunk
Meaning and definitions of drunk, translation in Ukrainian
language for drunk with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of drunk in Ukrainian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'drunk'
What drunk means in Ukrainian, drunk meaning
in Ukrainian, drunk
definition, examples and pronunciation
of drunk in Ukrainian language.